WORLD MARTIAL ARTS BLACK BELT HALL OF FAME
GRANDMASTER OF THE YEAR 2012
DOCTORATE DEGREE IN MARTIAL ARTS (HONORIS CAUSA)
OUTSTANDING MARTIAL ARTS CONTRIBUTION AWARD 2007
GRANDMASTER DR. MARTIN SEWER
Date of Birth: November 19, 1971
Positions / Portfolios
- President of International Chiu Chi Ling Hung Gar Kung Fu Association (Swiss Branch)
- European Chief-Coordinator of the International Chiu Chi Ling Hung Gar Kung Fu Association
- Founder & President of The Swiss Kuoshu Federation.
- Co-Founder of Swiss GONG FU.
- Member of the Executive & the Ranking Committee of the World Kuoshu Federation (TWKSF).
- Switzerland Representative of the European Hung Gar Association(EHGA).
- Member of the Hong Kong Martial Arts Association
- Member of the American Traditional Medical and Traumatology Association.
- Member of International Who’s Who of professionals (IWW).
- International Referee A of World Kuoshu Federation (TWKSF).
History of Martial Arts Involvement
- Began learning Judo at the age of seven.
- Became a Judo Instructor and discovered his great talent in working with people and conveying the various aspects in martial arts.
- Attended various courses ranging from educational issues to Kuatsu (Japanese first aid)
- Learnt Karate, Jiu-Jitsu and Boxing
- Learnt from different Chinese Masters of different styles like modern Wushu, Choy Lay Fat, Kong Style Tai Chi Chuan and Wu Family Hung Gar.
- Travelled to China and Hong Kong several times to learn more about the Chinese way of life and its culture.
Achievements / Honour/ Awards
- Became an ‘inner-room’ disciple (Yup Sut Dai Gee) of Grandmaster Chiu Chi Ling (South Shaolin Hung Gar Kung Fu).
- Passed the examination for master in the presence of his Sifu Chiu Chi Ling and Grandmaster Chiu Kow and Shiu Ying (both disciples of the Venerable Grandmaster Lam Sai Wing , student of Wong Fei Hung), in 1992.
- Opened the “Kung-Fu School Martin Sewer” in Zurich in 1993.
- Held seminars all over Europe.
- 5th Dan / Tuan through Grandmaster Dr. Chiu Chi Ling, head of the Hung Gar Kung Fu System in 2001.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D Honorary) in Martial Science in 2002, ACMS.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D Honorary) in Martial Arts in 2002, from World Martial Arts League (Germany).
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D Honorary) in Martial Arts in 2002 from International University of Martial Arts Science (Florida).
- Doctor of Chinese Martial Arts (CMD, Honorary in 2003, ACMS)
- 5th Tuan through The World Kuoshu Federation (TWKSF) IN 2004.
- Received the Presidential Silver Award from U.S. President George W. Bush in 2004.
- Represented in famous Wong Fei Hung Musuem in Foshan, China
- Represented the 4th Generation after the Chinese Hero Wong Fei Hung.
- Received the Doctorate Degree in Martial Arts (Honoris Causa) from the International Martial Arts Research Institute in 2007
- Inducted to the World Martial Arts Black Belt Hall Of Fame 2007 - “Outstanding Martial Arts Contribution Awards”
- Inducted to the World Martial Arts Black Belt Hall Of Fame Award 2012 as “Grandmaster Of The Year”
- Owner and publisher of “KUNG FU” – Swiss Martial Arts News Magazine.
- Modern wushu
- Choy Lay Fat
- Kong Style Tai Chi Chuan
- Wu Family Hung Gar
- Hung Gar Kung Fu System