WORLD MARTIAL ARTS BLACK BELT HALL OF FAME
“ MASTER OF THE YEAR 2016 ”
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
LEE KAM POH
Date of Birth: 25 June 1958
Area of Activity: Jacksonville, Forida, USA
Position / Portfolios
- Board Member of the United States Wushu Kung Fu Federation (1997-2011).
- Treasurer of the United States Wushu Kung Fu Federation (2011-2015).
- A Licensed Acupuncture Physician in the State of Florida.
- An Affiliate to USA Tai Chi Federation
- An Affiliate to Singapore Tiong Wah Pugilistic and Lion Dance Association
- An Affiliate to World’s Tung Acupuncture Association (WTAA)
- An Affiliate to Batu Pahat Tiong Wah Chinese Martial Arts Association
- An Affiliate to National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine USA.
History on martial arts involvement
- Born in Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia.
- Started training in Wuzuquan and Tuina at Batu Pahat Tiong Wah Chinese Martial Arts Association in 1973, under Grandmaster Yau Chew Lai(???).
- In 1975, he was initiated as a 4th Generation Disciple of the late Grandmaster Kan Oh Cheong.
- Performed Wuzuquan hand forms and weapons throughout Malaysia and Singapore with the Batu Pahat Tiong Wah Chinese Martial Arts Association.
- Migrated to the United States in 1982.
- Studied Chinese Acupuncture under Prof Zeng
Guoyang in Singapore in 1990.
- Participated in the Florida’s Acupuncture Apprentice Programme in 1991.
- Started teaching Wuzuquan in Jacksonville, Florida, USA in 1991.
- In 1992, he opened a Wuzuquan school in Orange Park, Florida, USA.
- As a Certified Acupuncture Physican, he opened an Acupuncture Clinic in Orange Park,
Florida, USA. In 1994.
- Officiate as a Judge and Chief Judge at the International Chinese Martial Arts Competition in Orlando, Florida, USA from 1998-2016.
- Joined the United States Wushu Kung Fu Federation.
- Studied Chen Taijiquan under Grandmasters Zhu Tiancai (???) and Chen Xiaowang (???) in 1999.
- He combined Martial Arts and Acupuncture Centre under one roof in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. from 2001-2011
- Opened Fleming Island Kam Lee Center.
Achievements / Honours / Awards
- Awarded 7th Degree Black Sash by the USA Shaolin Wuzuquan Federation in 2006.
- Champion in Forms and Weapons in the International Jiaozuo Taijiquan Competition in
China in 2007 and 2011.
- Chen Taijiquan