WORLD MARTIAL ARTS BLACK BELT HALL OF FAME
“GRANDMASTER OF THE YEAR 2012”
SHIHAN KURT ORUM SORENSEN
Year of Birth : 11.11.1960
Area of Activity: Bjerringbro, Denmark
Position / Portfolios
History on martial arts involvement
- Started training in Judo in 1974, at the age of 14.
- Later, he learned Karate, Jiujitsu, Savate, Kick-Boxing, Thai Boxing, Aikido and Hapkido.
- 1983 - After learning the different types of martial arts, he found his own style of martial arts called “Dai Ki Haku” and has four training schools in Denmark.
- “Dai Ki Haku” is based on the technical skills in efficient street-fighting and the inner journey of personal development.
- His philosophy is attached to the great importance of human wisdom that has made the relationship between Shihan Orum and his students more close and true.
- Used martial art style for rehabilitating the socially indisposed, criminal and neglected young people between the ages of 12-18, through a program he founded in 1999.
- Founded an organization called “Dai Ki Haku Family” to help people through the philosophy of “Dai Ki Haku” Martial Art
Achievements / Honours / Awards
- Holder of 6th Dan Black Belt
- Holder of Shihan title
- Inducted into the United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame with a Humanitarian Award
- Received a Martial Arts Program Development Award from the Independent Karate Schools
- Inducted into the Society of Soke
- Real Karate1, (Danish edition) 1987
- Real Karate 1, (English edition) 1988
- Real Karate 2, (Danish edition) 1988
- Real Karate 3, (Danish edition) 1989
- The Heart in Martial Art, (Danish edition) 1993
- To Care, (Danish edition) 2001
- My Strength, (Danish edition) 2002
- A Life in Martial Art (Danish edition) 2010
- A Life in Martial Art (English edition) 2012